We're Hiring: Church Office Coordinator
The Gering United Methodist Church is currently accepting applications for the position of Church Office Coordinator.
This is a part-time position consisting of 15 to 20 hours per week, working Monday through Friday.
The position's start date is negotiable. Applications will be accepted through March 31, 2024.
A complete job announcement with job application materials is available for interested individuals.
Apply in person at the church administrative offices at 900 O Street in Gering, NE, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Applicants can complete the church's employment application on the church premises or take it home to complete and return it to the church administrative office by 11:30 a.m. on March 31, 2024.
The church office coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of the church in cooperation with the church council, its committees, and other responsibilities as assigned, including management of the church office.
This position reports to the minister/pastor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to utilize computer system
- Dedicated church person; member of the church preferred
- Ability to organize and maintain office
- Ability to communicate both orally and written
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and make decisions on the basis of established policies and procedures
- Ability to work positively with the pastor, staff, and church members
General Job Duties:
- Answer telephone, keep and deliver messages, direct calls appropriately, and answer inquiries
- Compose and/or print documents, correspondence, church bulletins, monthly newsletter, board and committee reports, and any other items as necessary
- Maintain office inventory, vouching for purchases as necessary
- Pick up mail and open, distribute, and deposit outgoing mail
- Maintain up-to-date church calendar
- Notify committee/board members of meetings and/or changes
- Prepare and provide reports, materials, and information for meetings (with the exception of finance reports)
- Prepare year-end reports for annual charge conference as well as the district and conference offices
- Carry out the directions the of church council and committees as necessary
- Prepare the sanctuary for worship
- Maintain membership files
- Maintain up-to-date directory and mailing list(s)
- Work in concert with staff and volunteers to implement the church's programs
- Participate in staff meetings
- Work with the pastor and staff to fulfill the mission statement of the church
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned